|Location||Fischerstraße 36, D-10317 Berlin|
|Client||Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung Berlin|
|Volume||GFA 5.150 m²|
|Procedure||Peer review 2002, 1st prize|
The Max Taut Auditorium is part of the Max Taut School built by Max Taut in Berlin-Lichtenberg between 1929 and 1932. The building, one of the largest reform school buildings of the Weimar Republic, was badly damaged in the Second World War and was a ruin for more than 50 years. The auditorium was carefully restored and technically equipped for a multifunctional usage concept. The auditorium seats 800 and can be reduced in size by dividing walls. The event technology allows for use of the auditorium as a public gallery or as a hall. In addition, a small library and a small caféteria have been created in the foyer. The colour concept is based on the building’s original colour scheme.